Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not so perfect life....

So, most of you realize I have made our blog private. I was determined to not post anything until life got better. Then I was thinking maybe it is good for others to know life isn't always perfect in the blogging world. I'm not blogging this for pity but we will accept prayers. You really need to read all three reports to know the truth is somewhere mixed in with the untruths.

Deputy zaps dad with stun gun during confrontation over lost boy at park
Father Stunned With Taser While Reclaiming Lost Child
Deputies Taser Man Who 'Lost Control'

So, what have I learned......
  • Sometimes life really stinks
  • The church is true and amazing people step in to make life a little more tolerable.
  • Everyone makes mistakes
  • What a blessing it is to be alive and have our family together!!

Today's update: We were at court for a pre-trial hearing. Our attorney ask us if we would mind delaying a week. I can't explain it but it really felt like the right thing to do, so we will be back in court next week.

4 comments:

apriltime said...

Wow, I have just read the article and ALL of the comments! You poor thing! This must have been a nightmare. I really think that the charges should be dropped and an official apology be sent from the police, but if that doesn't happen, maybe a million dollar lawsuit would help! Okay, I shouldn't make a joke about something so serious. We wish we were there to help/comfort/laugh/cry with you!
Love, April and Travis

GoldenShel said...

I got the invite and here I am. Thanks for sending the invite over. It's good that you can blog all this so you don't get inundated with phone calls! I agree that the church is true and you just never know who will show up to lend you strength! Angels are all around us! It seems interesting that your attorney asked for a week....but NEVER discount something that just "feels right". God is still watching over you all and will continue to do so. We love and support you! Please just remember that.
Love,
Michele & Tom

corrie said...

I can't see the article, but I read all the comments. Crazy. We love you guys and hope everything will end up all right.
xoxoxoxoxo

Presnell's Planet said...

We're thinking of you guys and are on your side. I will no longer judge people when I see happenings on the news. Hang in there! Priscilla