The media link to the newspaper article is on mlive.com. I don't know if the local new stations ran the story because as far as I know they didn't try to contact us. You can also google Lloyd Brumbaugh and find more media info.
Emily and Lloyd, I am so sorry I did not realize your trial was last week until just today when I saw Emily's post on Facebook and came to the blog. ((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry the trial had the outcome that it did.
Having served on a jury, just last August, I can understand a little bit of what that entails. And it is hard, as a juror, when the attorney's leave out key details or certain information is thrown out and we are to consider it as if we had never heard that.
I know Lloyd and I KNOW that he would NEVER attack an officer just for the sake of attacking an officer. He wouldn't do it to anyone, period - unless he felt that was the *last* resort to protect his family/loved one!
Emily, I'm SO SORRY that you guys have to go through this. I can really feel your hurt as I read through your posts. But I can also feel of your faith and I know that the Lord is just and that He can influence the judge. It may turn out in such a way that might be way better than one could ever think.
But even if it doesn't, remember Joseph Smith was falsely accused and tried and that so was the Savior. It is so frustrating that "intent" could not be considered by the jury. You all are in our prayers. I am SO SORRY about all of this.
Lloyd is resilient, he will know this verdict is not "him". I cannot imagine why you guys had to go through this. But no matter the outcome of the sentencing, it is winding down one way or the other. And that is cause to celebrate that you will eventually be able to put this behind you.
Even just now, as I was telling Laren (my husband) about the outcome of the trial, he said - "That's nuts, totally crazy!" We are both in agreement in support of you guys. :)
2 comments:
hi guys-- sorry to hear about the verdict, but you have a lot of public support from what i can see! Hope you are all doing well-- we love you!!
Emily and Lloyd, I am so sorry I did not realize your trial was last week until just today when I saw Emily's post on Facebook and came to the blog. ((((HUGS))))
I am so sorry the trial had the outcome that it did.
Having served on a jury, just last August, I can understand a little bit of what that entails. And it is hard, as a juror, when the attorney's leave out key details or certain information is thrown out and we are to consider it as if we had never heard that.
I know Lloyd and I KNOW that he would NEVER attack an officer just for the sake of attacking an officer. He wouldn't do it to anyone, period - unless he felt that was the *last* resort to protect his family/loved one!
Emily, I'm SO SORRY that you guys have to go through this. I can really feel your hurt as I read through your posts. But I can also feel of your faith and I know that the Lord is just and that He can influence the judge. It may turn out in such a way that might be way better than one could ever think.
But even if it doesn't, remember Joseph Smith was falsely accused and tried and that so was the Savior. It is so frustrating that "intent" could not be considered by the jury. You all are in our prayers. I am SO SORRY about all of this.
Lloyd is resilient, he will know this verdict is not "him". I cannot imagine why you guys had to go through this. But no matter the outcome of the sentencing, it is winding down one way or the other. And that is cause to celebrate that you will eventually be able to put this behind you.
Even just now, as I was telling Laren (my husband) about the outcome of the trial, he said - "That's nuts, totally crazy!" We are both in agreement in support of you guys. :)
((((((MANY HUGS))))))
Post a Comment