It all started here....
I had just finished my first year at Ricks (BYU-Idaho). My sister-in-law was going to have her second baby so I thought I would go to Arizona and be "helpful" and have a fun summer. My first Sunday there Wendi (my sister-in-law) asked me to help in primary. I said sure and off to primary I went. What I didn't know was Lloyd was in the same meeting and followed me until I went into the primary room. So, that was our first missed opportunity. I didn't see Lloyd at all. After one week I decided there weren't any cute boys in the ward so Wendi found the singles ward and off I went. I had been going to the singles ward for about a month I was just starting to make friends. On June 8th I turned around in my bench looking for any of my friends. I spotted one a few rows back and said "Come up here!" Again I was blind I didn't see Lloyd sitting right behind me. He said "Are you talking to me?" After a quick scan of his appearance I decided I was talking to him. (Is that lying in church? If so I think I have been forgiven. :0) I found out his name and that he served a mission in SLC. I new another guy who served in the SLC mission so I asked if he knew him. Probably not the best starting point. I don't remember much about sacrament that day or church until the very end. At some point I had been told the best thing to do was remember someones name. So, as we are walking out the door (amazing how I timed it so well) I said, "Lloyd, right? I'll see you at FHE." Then I realized he followed me almost all the way home. I later found out we lived about 1/2 mile apart. When I walked in the door I sat down and said, "I met the cutest boy today all I want is one date!!" There you have my version of how I lied, got the boy, and lived happily ever after. Okay, maybe not happily ever after but we have some fun plowing through life.
2 comments:
Emily,
You just make me SMILE! I love the stories and all the photos...Thanks for sharing them with us. That Nora IS growing up way to fast!
Michele
I love that you still tell about the magic of how it all started. That is one of my favorite parts of talking with people. I like hearing how they met. You started my day with a smile. Thanks. Pam
Post a Comment