Now 12 years later, I find myself sometimes screaming "THIS IS NOT MY PLAN!!" I wasn't as clear exactly what my plan was but I know this isn't it. I was going to stay home and raise my babies. Eventually I would go back to school for fun. I never thought I would be going back to school so I would be able to help support my family financially. I wonder, is Heavenly Father looking down on me with the same exasperated look I give to my kids. I imagine Him saying "I didn't ask if this was your plan. I just need you to do this for my plan." So, what is His plan?
Are we going to stay in Michigan? What about the kids, I am very concerned about their education. I want them to live in a neighborhood where I feel comfortable letting them play outside. Do we move in with Lloyd's parents? What about a job? School for me? I know the kids would thrive. Could we possibly move to Rexburg? I could go to school, kids would have great schools. Will Lloyd find work? How can I leave all those we have come to love? How can we possibly balance all the balls in the air? So many questions that usually lead to more questions. Right now no one has the answers, believe me I have tried to find them. I think I have heard, "I don't know how this will affect your family's life;" more times than I can count.
Here are the answers I do know. I know somehow things will work out. I know tomorrow will still come. I know I don't have the answers. I know this is not my plan. I know Heavenly Father is saying,
"I didn't ask if this was your plan. I just need you to do this for my plan."
p.s. Heavenly Father, when do I get to find out what role I play in Your plan?
3 comments:
Changing your plan to God's plan is difficult.
...did you know EMU is having a "Return to Learn" open house Wednesday for people considering returning to school? Or is this totally coincidental?
http://www.emich.edu/returntolearn/
amen. i don't think i could add anything to what you already said.
Thanks for posting your thoughts and experiences. I can't imagine what life must be like right now, but your testimony is inspiring.
Post a Comment