Sunday, May 10, 2009

Prayers and a bit of Honesty

Tomorrow is the big day for trial to start. I have learned to ask for help when we need it. Boy will we take it now. The best thing anyone and everyone can do for us is to pray. To help you out we really need help in the following areas:
  • We need the trial to start tomorrow. We found out this week that if the prosecution comes in and says they drop the case, they could decide to come back to it in six months. Therefore, we need to have the trial go so there is an official ruling.
  • We need the jury to be open-minded and fair and that they will know the truth when they hear it.
  • We need the judge to allow the full hour of police cruiser video into the trial.
  • We need our kids to be good for the week. I know it will help, more than words can say to have Carlie here on this one; still prayers for our kids would be great.
  • Our lawyer is great but I think he would not turn any prayers away either.
  • Lloyd will need to be able to think clearly and be able to withstand the pressures of the week. I think he will do great but again prayers never hurt.
  • Finally, here comes the honesty. This is the hardest for me, but please pray that I will have the physical and mental strength. Food has been quite an enemy for a few days therefore I am lacking a bit in both those areas.
I KNOW that prayer has the power to cover all of the above and so much more! There is a power I have felt many times over the last 9 months that is stronger than any earthly power. I think I have a small understanding how mountains can be moved. I think the Lord has moved many mountains for our family. I know He can move this one too! We need your prayers to make it happen. I can't talk about anything to do with the park once trial starts, so I will probably post when it is over. I love you all. Thank-you for all the prayers you have offered for our family. I just keep thinking of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 where is says, "Therefore, fearnot, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail." One final thought before I sign off, the founders of this country gave credit to God for the rise of this great nation, and that includes the Judicial System.

5 comments:

CommonMama said...

Emily you are in my thoughts and prayers this week. I really want this to turn out right for you so that you can put it all behind you. It must be sooooo stressful! Good Luck!

TJHansenClan said...

The prayer list is great. Here we go!

Ann said...

You guys will definitely be in our prayers this week. We'll be thinking of you often, wishing we were there to help out more. Good luck with everything.

Cathy said...

Good Luck Sis! You guys are in my prayers and heart.Please let us know as soon as you can what has happened.Love you!

Brooke said...

Emily - you and your family are in our prayers. I wish I could give you a great big hug! We love you guys. We hope this is all resolved quickly so you can move on. Our prayers are with you.