Thursday, May 28, 2009

Please Learn from This

In regards to the whole park situation have learned the following:
  1. Lloyd lost his temper. It doesn't matter why in the court system, it just becomes a fact.
  2. In the court system you are judged based according to the police officer interpretation of the scene. In our situation the police officer was coming to a scene where her information was that 2 children were abandoned. We were guilty until we could prove we were innocent. We were not able to prove our innocence at the park because Lloyd was so focused on getting our boys back. The police officer interpreted Lloyd's actions as assaulting the lunch lady and he had to be stopped.
  3. In our case the police officer testified as to how she saw things on September 20th at the park.
  4. We have to be able to accept the police officer perspective of September 20th because law enforcement trumps everyone at a scene plain and simple.
Please, Please, Please learn from what we have been through. I would hate to see anyone I love and care about go through this awful hell when they could have learned from us. As of now I do not plan on doing further legal posts until after sentencing on June 24.

5 comments:

HappyHulets said...

You got it...learned.

CommonMama said...

Emily I am so sorry that you and your family have to go through all of this. It is so unfair. I heard that officer being dishonest on the tape. Anyway I admire you for your strength and desire to keep things as positive as possible. We will be praying that the sentencing is merciful.

Kaldor Family said...

I think any father would have reacted much the same as lloyd did, Its his job. I can even see from a police officers perspective why she would react that way in the heat of the moment. It's what she is trained to do. What I can't believe is that when it was all over and the police realized what was actually going on they still prosecuted. They should have said "big misunderstanding" and left it alone. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this.

AMy said...

yeah i agree with aaron and lauren. that officer totally lied by saying that loydd knocked that lady on the ground. she clearly was not knocked to the ground and there really was no attack on the woman except to keep her away from your child. "i got here when he was attacking that woman.." {this is total bs} i also can't believe how much that officer added to the heat of the situation. yes, loydd was visibly upset but not beyond reason. she really should have resorted to a more calm approach to gather her information first before she reacted. i really didn't see him as that much of a physical threat in the video. nothing that calmly talking to and NOT trying to paw a child out of his hands. she should have known that it isn't smart to come between a bear and its cub. {i am curious: does that officer have any kids? and if so did she try putting herself in that position?? clearly not} it is so infuriating that just because she has a badge that everyone else's testimonies at the scene carry no weight against hers. i wish i could say that your family is the only ones that have dealt with shady cops but i know of another situtaion in my family when the cops handling the situation were totally out of line. my already compromised opinion of cops has yet again been further compromised.

Carissa said...

Emily- I've read part of your story here on your blog and I just want you to know that I sympathize with all your family has gone through. I can't imagine how hard it's been for all of you. How many parents wouldn't have done the same thing in such a crazy, confusing situation?

I wish you the best... you deserve it!