Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A tear to shed...

I want to shed a tear for...

the person I was before the park
fear, anger, and hatred I thought I could never feel
the months I feel like I missed seeing the sun
the giggles and grins of my kids growing up
time not standing still when I felt like the
whole world paused
A tear for the loss.

I want to shed a tear for...

the stronger person I have become
love, peace, comfort, and joy beyond compare
the cherished moments of having my kids close
seeing their smiles, and hearing their giggles
like it was the first time.
the vibrant colors showing new life of spring
A tear for the growth.

5 comments:

The Boyds said...

I don't think your kids are the only artists in the family. I love what you wrote. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we will see you soon!

TJHansenClan said...

For a bit there I thought that this was quoted from somebody else, but it looks like you wrote it on your own.
There's lots of reasons to shed tears, aren't there? But when we can verbalize them, it helps.

GoldenShel said...

Emily...I think you should become a published poet! You say some of the most profound things I've ever heard!
Michele

Anonymous said...

I am laughing a little right now because I originally came on to delete this post.

Ann said...

Beautiful, Em.