Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Moving on???

In 2001 we looked for a house for 6 months. This was what we could get into and it fit for two little girls. We were okay with it because we were only going to be here 2 years. 7 years and 3 more kids later... it feels a bit tight!!!




Now, Michigan's economy is horrible and people are losing a lot on their house. This house is foreclosed and $150,000 less than it sold for 2 years ago. Most houses are either short sales or foreclosures. We can't believe it is in our price range. Disclaimer: We have not put an offer on this house it is just one we are interested in.


6 comments:

Tammy said...

It looks like a beautiful home! I imagine that it would be nice to stretch your arms a little! Let us know how things go!

Ann said...

What an awesome house! How exciting for you guys to actually have a house you fit in! What in the world will you do with a Master bathroom and a walk-in closet? Can you imagine? (I can imagine it for you. I've been hoping this would happen for you guys for some time now.) You deserve it! Good luck with everything!

Kari said...

It looks like a nice house. Are you guys planning on staying there for a long time? How is Lloyd's job security? Does he work for Ford? If he has good job security and likes his job and you want to be there for some time to come, then I would look into buying a bigger house (I don't know how you've done it for so long with that smallish one you are in now! :) ).

But, if you plan on moving out of the area within 3 years or less, I wouldn't buy another. But yeah, there are some great deals to be had on foreclosures in this crazy housing market!!

germanjules said...

your kids will love it, and you will too...(until you have to clean all those toilets! LOL)

Carissa said...

Good luck with the house! Your kids are all so cute!

The Boyds said...

We prefer a King size bed, but queen will work if that's what you have. I don't know if we can handle visiting and not being able to sleep on the pull out. What do you say we trade off helping eachother build a deck this summer? Can't wait to visit!