Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I am from Michigan

http://www.destinationcoupons.com/Utah/map.gif
I grew up in Utah
in fact in the same house
and bedroom for 18 years.
http://carbon.cudenver.edu/~djenkins/rickslogo.gif
I moved to Idaho for 9 months
Short in time, to short for me
my plan was to return you see..
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2145/2520859769_2de013e528_o.jpg
Another plan laid a head in Arizona
A 4 month stay to fall in love
http://www.destinationcoupons.com/Utah/map.gif
Then a 9 month honeymoon
back in Utah
http://www.iancavalier.com/spiralnotepad/images/2007/welcome-to-montana.jpg
Off to college we did go
the calm in Montana in my heart did grow.
Just over 3 years seemed a long long stay
New babes, a graduation,
life and educational learning combined!
http://www.hometowninvasion.com/photos/650/wi9.jpg
Graduation brought adventure
We left the west
the only problem where was I from??
Grew-up in Utah
College in Idaho
Love in Arizona
Peace in Montana
For 7 1/2 years my answer has been...
I'm from the west and want to go back again.
Whether resignation or understanding the Lord's will
I AM from Michigan
raising my babies here.

1 comment:

Amy Mann said...

Ok Em, it is time for me to go down memory lane with you. Thanks for the memories by the way, I was trying to forget about those things, but you just brought them right back. Good times though.
*4-H, Remember our holidays with baskets and radish roses??? That brings alot back for me.
*Another thing I thought of recently was Primary in Carolyn Gibson's class. I actually was just given a blown up picture of our class (it is big) I can't believe how big our class was!!! Let me know if you want to see it.
*Playing at your house, having one of my 1st sleepovers at your house (I don't recall actually making it overnight, if I remember correctly I was so nervous being away from home that I was sick to my stomach. What a wimp!!!)
*Having you and Crystal over when we were little (I think my Mom was the babysitter)
*Watching Mr. Bean at your house in High School, do you remember that??? It was Mr. Bean, wasn't it?
I could go on and on, you have been such a good friend to me and I appreciate your friendship. I am glad you are happy and doing well in Michigan, but I would love to see you again sometime and catch up. Thanks for letting me look at your blog though so I can see what is going on with your cute family.