Saturday, November 29, 2008

Music Moves Me

Sooo..... as you read, you are hearing,
begging, pleading, shameless pleas!!!
I really want to extend my music repertoire
here is where you come in please advise me of any great music
my rules are...
I have to be able to understand the words
the music must either have a good message,
be relaxing,
or
motivate me to get things done.
I wish I could make this into a contest... hmmm.
I'll have to think on that one. ........
Maybe I will pick a winner and make them some
cinnamon rolls!!!
That's it you feed me good songs
I'll feed you junk food!!!
(At least cinnamon rolls don't taste like junk :O )

4 comments:

Sox said...

I am equally disconnected from the music world, but I will do almost anything for those cinnamon rolls.

Ann said...

Let's see.....relaxing: Michael Buble. Fun, energetic: Jason Mraz and Coldplay. I'll have to try to think of some more.

E350Tan said...

Oooh, I've got lots. All of us here in the Hansen house love Celtic Woman. Both their first CD (just "Celtic Woman") and their next one ("Celtic Woman: a New Journey") are fabulous. They have soothing and upbeat songs. (There may be couple of songs in different language, but we love 'em anyway.) If you order a CD, like on amazon.com, the group I'm talking about have Chloe, Lisa, Orla, Maidrid, and Meav.
The same producer also puts on a show with a male group called the High Kings. They do more traditional Irish songs, and they have some great harmonies and good beats.
The DVD you saw on Halloween with us was Celtic Thunder, another group with another producer. We like them too, although we wish they did more songs with harmony rather than a bunch of solos.
If you are in the mood for some quirky, yet clean enough, but totally eclectic music you could go for the old band "They Might Be Giants". We dug out our CD the other day and Paxton really likes "Particle Man". Their songs make absolutely no sense so I get a kick just trying to figure out what the heck their message is (even reading the words doesn't help!) They evens sing about frying pans.
We've also enjoyed the group The Manhatten Transfer. They've been singing for decades; really tight four part harmony.
In case you didn't know...if you get on amazon.com, you can hear lots of music samples of CDs before you buy them.
Good luck!
-Jen Hansen

corrie said...

There is a fun song my kids and I love to sing to in the car. The artist is Lenka and the song is "The Show".
Try the song "All This Beauty" by the Weepies.
Also Ben Folds has some good ones.
"Golden Slumbers" & "The Luckiest"
I also like the Bridge to Terabithia soundtrack.
The Enchanted soundtrack is good too.