I have always believed myself to be somewhat mechanically inclined... so I'll take a stab at describing what's happening in the pictures:
The Problem -- If you look closely you can see the back of Lloyd's head under the front end of the car. Could the problem be him? He decided to pull a transmission apart just for fun over the long weekend?
The Victim -- Lloyd also wanted to take a trip to Sears so he broke one of his Craftsman extenders on purpose just so he could go replace it on warranty and do some more shopping for tools. (He'd have broken a Matco tool, but let's be honest, there are limits even to his depravity!)
The Solution -- While at Sears, Lloyd found a cute little Oxy-Acetylene cutting combo that he thought would go great in his garage.
The Result -- Having put the transmission back together Lloyd discovered a left-over bolt... Car still runs... Hmmm... How to use the new torch? Sculpture! He cuts the end off his broken extender (he never returned it, after all) and brazes it to the top of the bolt! Very artistic! (Lloyd is pretty artsy, at heart.)
The Postscript -- Lloyd is collecting broken tools and scrap metal and he plans to exhibit his sculptures at the next Ann Arbor Art Fair...
Or, maybe I'm with the Boyds and need some additional explanation, too.
3 comments:
okay for those of us who are not so mechanically inclined there needs to be a bit more of an explanation.
I have always believed myself to be somewhat mechanically inclined... so I'll take a stab at describing what's happening in the pictures:
The Problem -- If you look closely you can see the back of Lloyd's head under the front end of the car. Could the problem be him? He decided to pull a transmission apart just for fun over the long weekend?
The Victim -- Lloyd also wanted to take a trip to Sears so he broke one of his Craftsman extenders on purpose just so he could go replace it on warranty and do some more shopping for tools. (He'd have broken a Matco tool, but let's be honest, there are limits even to his depravity!)
The Solution -- While at Sears, Lloyd found a cute little Oxy-Acetylene cutting combo that he thought would go great in his garage.
The Result -- Having put the transmission back together Lloyd discovered a left-over bolt... Car still runs... Hmmm... How to use the new torch? Sculpture! He cuts the end off his broken extender (he never returned it, after all) and brazes it to the top of the bolt! Very artistic! (Lloyd is pretty artsy, at heart.)
The Postscript -- Lloyd is collecting broken tools and scrap metal and he plans to exhibit his sculptures at the next Ann Arbor Art Fair...
Or, maybe I'm with the Boyds and need some additional explanation, too.
I don't think I want Lloyd's explanation anymore. I like Jake's.
Post a Comment