Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bramblings....


Here is an effort to update what is happening...

Lloyd and Allie both got some of these...

thank heavens we live close to an orthodontic school I didn't realize how many appointments it takes to get the mouth ready!! Lloyd has a full set and Allie has lower brackets and an expander on top for now.

Nora loves her glasses... the only problem is we have lost one pair :(
Reuben stepped on her other pair but luckily they were able to fix them :)

Jackson has started Aikido
I love that it has helped to give him somewhere he can hit and kick and not get in trouble!

He did inform me last week that he needed a new class
he doesn't like sliding on his belly :)

I have been lamenting the fact my children don't ride on this...

my "school bus" decided to have several identity crises

  1. Transmission went out - in school parking lot, playground and bathrooms close, called Lloyd, called a tow-truck, I feel blessed because we weren't anywhere dangerous like the freeway!!

  2. Transmission "fixed" - until on freeway taking car to Lloyd and the solenoid pack went out, van drove 40 miles and hour back to shop, still feel blessed because Nora slept the entire time.

  3. On freeway with 4 kids van over-heated- called Dawn to help, Hometeacher stopped: All the kids started shouting "The Hometeacher is going to save us!" Dawn arrives: Nora starts diving for her and pure joyous screams escape her lips!! Tow-truck arrives (same guy as before...our address still in his gps) I no longer feel so blessed actually I am a bit cranky. I do feel grateful it wasn't any worse!!!

I have to admit I have wondered if having the kids do school of choice is a good idea. I am in the car 3 hours a day, driving or waiting for kids. Then I had an IEP (individual education plan) meeting for Allie. She is making friends, she feel comfortable enough to raise her hand in class to ask for help. The OT (occupational therapist) and SL (speech and language therapist) both called before the meeting to talk to me about their goals for Allie. Allie is happier than I have seen her. She is excited to go to school. How can I not drive her? Jackson still does not like school, but he does like his teacher and generally doesn't hide when I tell him it is time to go to school. Reuben loves, loves, loves school. He even likes to hold a little girl's hand, her name is Emily. I tell him he can't have a girl friend but to be friends with the girls. I love seeing the diversity in the schools. I can't even tell you the different ethnic groups represented. It is awesome!!


Thou shalt not covet.....

but really I kinda do :)

In addition to the aforementioned items Emma has decided to play the Viola, Jackson and Reuben have a Lego Class, and the Heredity class I took, (forever ago) will count for Biology which has me finishing at the Community College this spring. Now I just need to decide if I take the academic scholarship and do the fast track at the University. I would have to take 15 credits a semester... YIKES!!


I will now end my much to long, yet only covered a bit, post. Until we meet again....

4 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Wow--you guys have been busy. We choose our own schools here as well, but luckily, they have a bus system. Since one boy has early morning band, we don't use the bus, but for the trip home, it works. We'd had enough driving.

germanjules said...

you are so cute! and funny! (and having a positive attitude even when life throws you curve balls)

Ronda said...

Hang in there Mom! It will be over before we know it! Lego class????? Do tell!

Tammy said...

when it rains it pours! Keep your head up and an ample supply of chocolate. (pearls of wisdom from the big sis:)