BACKGROUND
It was one of those moments as a parents you can either laugh or scream. I have taken many pictures of my little ones all messy from head to toe and usually laughing. Today was different. Emma wanted to make cupcakes. I was getting ready to take Reuben to an appointment. Emma left the cupcake batter on the table.......
THE CURSE
Allie comes into my bathroom to let me know Nora had some cupcake batter... Nora??? allergic to eggs has never been exposed to raw eggs in her 2 years of life. I come out to find Nora not just tasting the cupcake batter but covered from head to toe. What would have been funny with any of my other children was 100% not funny. No picture of a cute girl covered in cake batter today. I stripped off her clothes and bathed her. She was already starting to get hives. I gave her Benedryl and grabbed her epi-pen.....
THE BLESSING
The appointment I was getting ready for was to take Reuben to see our Allergist Dr. Leo. We love Dr. Leo. I load up Reuben and Nora and we were off. We got to our appointment on time. Discussed Nora, Dr. Leo gave her steroids, and another antihistamine. It was such a blessing to have the appointment scheduled for Reuben. Nora is home and fine.
No ER trip was involved.....I feel blessed.
It was one of those moments as a parents you can either laugh or scream. I have taken many pictures of my little ones all messy from head to toe and usually laughing. Today was different. Emma wanted to make cupcakes. I was getting ready to take Reuben to an appointment. Emma left the cupcake batter on the table.......
THE CURSE
Allie comes into my bathroom to let me know Nora had some cupcake batter... Nora??? allergic to eggs has never been exposed to raw eggs in her 2 years of life. I come out to find Nora not just tasting the cupcake batter but covered from head to toe. What would have been funny with any of my other children was 100% not funny. No picture of a cute girl covered in cake batter today. I stripped off her clothes and bathed her. She was already starting to get hives. I gave her Benedryl and grabbed her epi-pen.....
THE BLESSING
The appointment I was getting ready for was to take Reuben to see our Allergist Dr. Leo. We love Dr. Leo. I load up Reuben and Nora and we were off. We got to our appointment on time. Discussed Nora, Dr. Leo gave her steroids, and another antihistamine. It was such a blessing to have the appointment scheduled for Reuben. Nora is home and fine.
No ER trip was involved.....I feel blessed.
4 comments:
i'm glad that there was no er visit...
Look at you being so positive. Glad everything turned out alright. Hate the ER!!
WOW!!!! So happy that all went well...we love Dr. Leo too!
That is one of those "God was watching out for you" moments, wasn't it? How great! So glad she's ok.
Post a Comment