Two children went to the pediatrician today....
If you picked Nora and Jackson...
YOU WIN!!!
I have nothing to give you :)
But... YOU WIN!!!
NOTE: This is not me freaking-out this is me laughing at irony
The following is about the conversation I had with the doctor while he was checking Nora over
DR: yep, there is her little heart murmur
ME: (trying to not sound shocked) a heart murmur?
DR: did I ever tell you before she had a heart murmur?
ME: Nope
DR: Did anyone ever tell you she has a heart murmur?
ME: Nope
DR: Well it is no big deal and I hesitate to tell parents because they get all worried, most likely it will get better on its own. Just don't tell a dentist they will freak-out.
ME: Given everything we have dealt with I won't freak-out unless you tell me she is dying.
DR: The murmurs are hard to hear unless they are really quiet and usually she is really noisy because of her asthma, and you don't want to tell a parent about a false heart murmur.
ME: huh alright
DR: She is fine, look at how healthy she is.
ME: um-okay.....

Seriously, I think we have been to the doctor a million times and no one told me my baby had a heart murmur.
By the way Jackson is fine it was just a check-in for him. His well-child check is at the end of July. I wonder what they will tell me then......
YOU WIN!!!
I have nothing to give you :)
But... YOU WIN!!!
NOTE: This is not me freaking-out this is me laughing at irony
The following is about the conversation I had with the doctor while he was checking Nora over
DR: yep, there is her little heart murmur
ME: (trying to not sound shocked) a heart murmur?
DR: did I ever tell you before she had a heart murmur?
ME: Nope
DR: Did anyone ever tell you she has a heart murmur?
ME: Nope
DR: Well it is no big deal and I hesitate to tell parents because they get all worried, most likely it will get better on its own. Just don't tell a dentist they will freak-out.
ME: Given everything we have dealt with I won't freak-out unless you tell me she is dying.
DR: The murmurs are hard to hear unless they are really quiet and usually she is really noisy because of her asthma, and you don't want to tell a parent about a false heart murmur.
ME: huh alright
DR: She is fine, look at how healthy she is.
ME: um-okay.....
Seriously, I think we have been to the doctor a million times and no one told me my baby had a heart murmur.
By the way Jackson is fine it was just a check-in for him. His well-child check is at the end of July. I wonder what they will tell me then......
2 comments:
Mac has a heart murmur. Found it when looking for something else. Now he has a CARDIOLOGIST. And will need heart surgery at some point or he will die an old man with a bad valve.
As a parent, anything going on with our kids is a big deal. Doctors see it all the time; we don't. Glad he doesn't seemed concern.
Post a Comment