School is out for summer!!
Well almost....the kids get out on the 18th I finish 2 or my 3 classes on the 30th.I know that pictures are always more fun but I will bore you with a wordy update on our family :)
Nora: Back in January I started noticing something was quite right with her I even asked Leslie when she was here in April if she thought Nora looked Down-Syndrome. One day when I dropped Reuben off for preschool his teacher said "Her eye is turned in." That was when it clicked that the something was her eyes. We went to the peditrician and he agreed that something was wrong. Originally she could be seen by the specialist in October. Through an amazing connection we found out yesterday her appointment has been moved to July 7th. Most of the time it is her left eye that will turn in but occasionally her right. We will find out soon!
Finally, it is proven I am not crazy!! I have been asking the schools for help since Allie was in Kindergarten. This has involved changing schools and LOTS of testing. In the spring Allie did Neuropsych testing through a local university. We learned so much. She has a reading disability, Dyslexia, and ADD. At the time of testing she was a pretty anxious kid when it came to school and didn't feel like she could do the work. Now we know she will have an amazing opportunity to develop a strong sense of determination. I have noticed for a few years many of the same issues with Jackson. I have been on top of his issues since he was 2 1/2. However, since I just learned about neuropsych testing we also tested Jackson. Test results were very similar however, Jackson does have the hyperactivity part of ADHD. It has been a long road but I feel like we are finally making progress. As a result of this information we have chosen to change schools once again for hopefully the LAST time. I will be driving Allie to a middle school in Ann Arbor, Jackson and Reuben will be starting elementary in Ann Arbor. Typically Ann Arbor is not a school of choice but they opened 60 kindergarten, 60 first grade and 50 6th grade spots. Emma is thrilled they didn't open 5th grade she wants to stay at Fortis for another year at least.
3 comments:
Wow! So glad you were able to get the testing done and get some answers. Hopefully this school year will bring huge success.
I've always been amazed at how early they can test children. What a blessing!
I think the hardest part is figuring out where to start! Now you know what you are facing, it will be easier to move down the road. Sounds like you will have a nice relaxing summer before school craziness begins again.
Post a Comment