Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I should be studying; however.....

I have been thinking a lot lately (this could really get dangerous). To start with have I ever told you how much I hate depression. I am finally going on just over a month with really good days. The kind where stress is related to things worth stressing over. You know children's education, family issues, the stuff everyone deals with on a daily baises. A welcome relieve! So, this has lead to my thinking... am I doing better because my baby is almost 2 years old and that is generally how long postpartum depression lasts? Is it because all the hours of counseling are paying off? Have I really learned to let things go? Or is it because I went back to school?

School leads me to my next item of what I think about....
I love, love, love school. I love that I have to get up and be somewhere for me, just me. How selfish is that! I love that I get papers back that have check-marks or stars on them. Heck, even just a score is great; of course, the higher the better. Not to brag but I am good at school. It is something I can do and get feedback from someone telling me I did well. My thoughts about school range from: 1. this is awesome they want to give me scholarships 2. I love what I am learning 3. I need to be spending more time with my children 4. School feels selfish for me

Needless to say I don't think I will be solving the world's problems. For today I will love my husband and children while I love school too!

2 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I love that you love it! School is awesome and I have to say, I enjoy my classes a lot more as a 30-yr-old than I ever did as an 18-yr-old.

germanjules said...

i wouldn't call it selfish...i would call it personal development!