Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Grumpy Halloween!!

I know I should love Halloween....
the fun started to go away when 8 years ago
there was a knock on my door
"Gottsa candy" the guy had to be late teens!!!
I knew then I was never going to let my kids walk
our neighborhood streets on Halloween night.
We have had amazing friends who we have been
able to share Halloween with in their much better neighborhoods.

Now, I just get a little Grumpy about the whole thing...
The squirrels eat our pumpkins...
Jackson hates beans so no chili....
Any costume worth something costs an arm and a leg...
(I would be out of limbs before my kids had cute costumes...)
Good luck finding a costume that doesn't make
your little girl look like a playboy model!!
Once you do find a costume...no family around to go
trick-or-treating too....
this results in
trick-or-treating feeling like begging from
a whole bunch of strangers....
The whole candy issue is a love hate relationship....
I love to eat it... hate when I eat it!!

We did to trunk-or-treating with the ward.
Does this count?
Can we just do family movie night tonight!!

5 comments:

GoldenShel said...

YeS! Family movie night gets MY VOTE!!! I HATE halloween! =)

Ann said...

Ha! That's exactly what we did! We did trunk-or-treating last night (in last year's costumes, I might add.....our new neighborhood friends have never seen them.) And then tonight, we stayed in and watched the new Scooby-Doo movie (totally cute, by the way) and ate pizza and candy from last night. Best Halloween yet!

I highly recommend it!

Robert Choate said...

My chili was bean free. I agree with Jackson. Beans don't belong in chili.

SarahJane said...

We don't do Halloween well.

Our ward trunk-or-treat is out of control and awful. Who wants to stand in the rain for an hour and half, having the same kids come to your trunk five times? we don't do it.

We were at home, had one knock on the door, watched a movie and munched on popcorn. Pleasent evening. Hope yours was too.

Tammy said...

We didn't see family this year either. (Thanks, Merrill and Tawn) anyways, I agree...grrrr to Halloween. Hunter isn't allowed to trick or treat anymore because he is twelve. It will be good when they all are too old.:)